Monday, March 12, 2012

A BRIEF WORD CONCERNING GARY AMERS

OK, I admit that I think Gary Amers is adorable dressed up as a donkey, and I couldn't resist posting some caps even though it makes him look a little silly. But I want to make it clear that I take him very seriously as an artist, and have a profound admiration for his talents. Vocalists have always been the artists that impact me the most and Gary Amers is one of the best I have ever heard. I am in awe of his potential (He has a way to go still before he's in full control of it, though). He has a fantastic voice, but that is just a part of it. Most singers just sing. Some act when they sing (which Gary Amers does very well). But he goes beyond this: when he sings there is a vision and an intelligence using the voice to create, like a great painter uses paint. And on top of this he can dance and act!

I have listened (a lot!) to all I have been able to find of his singing, and it gets better each time I listen. So, please, understand that I wasn't trying to make fun of him with the Donkey caps.

No comments:

Post a Comment